SCRC COVID-19 Policy
Updated: Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- As the country, the province of Ontario, local municipalities, organizations and businesses modify their policies and protocols in response to the ongoing COVID pandemic, the SCRC Board of Directors has removed its requirement for athletes, coaches, volunteers and visitors to the SCRC compound to be fully vaccinated.
- As of June 7, 2022 proof of full vaccination will no longer be required to participate in any rowing program or event hosted by the St. Catharines Rowing Club.
- SCRC continues to advocate full vaccination as the best way to prevent the spread of COVID, and strongly encourages all athletes, coaches, volunteers and visitors to receive a COVID Booster vaccination.
- While not mandatory, everyone is invited to continue to wear a mask and to maintain a two (2) meter distance to protect both themselves and the immuno-compromised. We ask that everyone is respectful of others’ choices when it comes to masking and social distancing.
- All equipment cleaning protocols remain in effect for all rowers. All equipment shall be cleaned with soap and water after every use.
- This policy shall be applicable until modified by the Board of Directors.
- Coaches and Athletes please note: there are some regattas and events that continue to require proof of full vaccination. This is the case for the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta and crossing the border into the United States. These COVID protocols will undoubtedly have an impact on crew selection and regatta attendance, and are outside the control of the St. Catharines Rowing Club.